Fully Fitted Orangery Checklist
One way to extend your home , if you are lucky enough to have the space & the budget, is to build an Orangery Conservatory on your property. But before you rush off to buy one, it would be prudent to do some kind of checklist for the things you need beforehand.
As a decent sized home extension that will cost between £10,000 to £20,000 or more (if you are really going upmarket) its worthwhile taking you time to think a little before leaping into action.
Some things to think about:
- how much is your budget
- how much do you keep back for unforeseen expenses
- does your budget include decor & furnishings for the orangery
- will you need planning permission
- do you live in a listed building, area of outstanding natural beauty or other “protected” area
- what size room do you want
- what about your neighbours – will they be OK with it
- do you need to build over drains & utility pipes / cables
- what about access for the builders
so, as you see, there are a few things to take into consideration – but if you are still keen, then you can visit www.orangerycosts.co.uk for more ideas & info.